David Richo, PhD, LMFT
introducing his newest book
We all long for love, meaning, freedom, happiness, growth. These five longings never seem perfectly or finally fulfilled. We can still ask for some fulfillment of our longings from those we trust. Soon we discover all five as qualities in our true nature. We are seeking what we really are. Our longings reveal the depths in ourselves and are important to inquire into as part of growth-oriented therapy.
Objectives for Learning:What are longings and how do they differ from desire?What is the connection to addiction?What are longings for love, meaning, freedom, happiness, growth?
David Richo, Ph.D., M.F.T., is a psychotherapist, writer, and workshop leader. He teaches at a variety of places including Esalen and Spirit Rock Buddhist Center. He shares his time between Santa Barbara and San Francisco, California. Dave combines psychological and spiritual perspectives in his work. Two of his previous books are: How to be an Adult in Love (Shambhala, 2013), You Are Not What You Think: The Egoless Path to Self-Esteem and Generous Love (Shambhala, 2015). The website for books, CD’s, and events is davericho.com
- Attendees will earn 1.5 CEUs
- Attendees must register in advance in order to attend
- Your registration includes a delicious lunch buffet. Please contact the Events Director if you have special dietary needs at email@example.com
- Refunds can only be made if you cancel within one week of the event
- You are welcome to park in the University Club parking lot in unreserved spaces